Monday, November 22, 2010

A cool face from the past

I know I have been completely slacking on this blog, but really nothing has happened. So I decided to tell you about a story that kind of happened in the past. Recently I started to watch the HBO series Deadwood via Netflix. And I kept thinking I knew one of the actors from somewhere but couldn't quite place where. Also I did the "I probably don't really know her, I just must have seen her something else a long time ago". But when I saw the "behind the scenes" of the show and heard her talking in her natural Irish accent, I remembered who she was.
About fifteen years ago my Dad and I use to take our dog to a park next to the L.A. County Museum of Art. It was not an official dog park, but since it was tucked away from the busy streets everyone would take their dogs there. There was a core group of dog owners that we would see there all the time. These people came here so often that we watched their babies mature over the years into elementary school students. One dog owner took a particular liking to me. Her dog Bosco was a German Shepard mix and was one of the rough and tumble guys. His owner would always sit and talk to me. She immediately figured out my "yes/no" and would ask me questions that she knew I could answer with a head nod. It was so nice to be automatically understood.  And she made more people comfortable approaching me because they saw her talking to me. As I was watching the "Behind the Scenes" I went "Oh my God, that's Bosco's Mom". It was cool to see her doing so well. But it's kind of weird to watch the show now(her character being a prostitute in the Wild West) and think about how I know this woman from when I was younger. So anyways, Happy Thanksgiving to those of you who live in the U.S. And for those of you who watch Deadwood I'm talking about Trixie played by Paula Malcomson.

9 comments:

  1. That's so cool! Deadwood is one of the best things ever to go on television, imo. It's great to hear Paula Malcomson is a nice person as well as a terrific actress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She also made a brief appearance on Lost- so neat to recognize her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to hear about famous people being cool in real life (as opposed to the negative stories, which tend to have a wider reach). She's also doing a phenomenal job in Caprica - if you're interested in sci fi, I can highly recommend it.

    Glad that there haven't been any recent horror stories, and it's also good to 'see' you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also delighted to hear that Paula Malcolmson is cool, because I admire her (and loved Deadwood). Are you going to be using that kind of language in The Joy of Aides? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paula was a joy to work with!! She would always bring her dogs to the Deadwood set with her. She is a huge animal rights activist, not to mention - a phenomenal actress.
    xo,
    Geri aka Jewel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its utilize us lots of share and pleasure. Its opportunity are so strange and working music so speedy. Its rattling a genuine article. It gives me lots of pleasure and pursuit.

    computer store

    ReplyDelete
  8. I utterly adore measurement your diary posts, the variety of work is smashing.This blog as usual was educational, I bang had to marker your tract and agree to your enclose in i provide. Your tune looks lovely.Thanks for distribution.



    Computer Parts Store

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the beauties of Christ is that through Him you have the grace to succeed in a new life. Through him you can gain forgiveness for yourself so you can start over! Forgiving yourself is primary to your journey, but the living Spirit of God is critical to your success


















    Power Outlet Strips

    ReplyDelete